Apple and cinnamon are the perfect pair. These low sodium apple cinnamon muffins are incredibly moist and full of flavor. They are delicious as a snack or as a breakfast treat.
By making your own muffins at home you lower the sodium content and save yourself from a lot of chemicals and preservatives found in most muffins at the store. Plus since they go directly from the oven to your kitchen table, the flavor is out of this world. Better than store-bought, trust me!
Low Sodium Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Apple and cinnamon are the perfect pair. These low sodium apple cinnamon muffins are incredibly moist and full of flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of No Sodium Baking Soda Substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sodium Free Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease loaf or muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk applesauce, brown sugar, oil, and eggs together.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Add applesauce mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined (be careful not to over mix).
- Place batter in a muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- As you may know, highlighting ways to make a low sodium lifestyle affordable is a priority on this site. So here’s a tip to save some money. Purchase your unsweetened applesauce from Aldi. Their Simply Nature brand unsweetened apple sauce is delicious and costs significantly less than other brands. (Bonus…it comes in a pretty big jar!)
- Lately, I’ve been using bread flour for my muffins. I really like the texture when using bread flour. They seem softer. Try it, if you have some on hand.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For complete information please read the disclosures page (link at the bottom of this page).
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 muffin Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 31mgSodium 12mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 18gProtein 3g
Nutritional information is provided as an estimate. Nutritional content may vary due to several factors such as how much of an ingredient is used vs. how much will actually be eaten, brand differences, and more. To ensure the most accurate nutritional information, the reader should make calculations based on the ingredients actually used, using their own preferred method, or consulting with a licensed nutritional expert. This Website is not intended as a source of nutritional or food safety advice, and its readers assume full responsibility for any decisions made regarding their own health and safety. Nutritional information calculated by Nutritionix